2-8-2 - THE BUILD
Parts came in yesterday's mail.... 2285_ So it was back to the salt mines for me....

Doc Wayne...Thanks for all that info...!!! It clears a lot of things up, but I still have a couple of questions.... Sad
The detail kit I got has a couple of injectors and piping going to the turret shroud (one on either side of the boiler). Are these different from the HW injectors to the boiler..?? So I would still need the check valve that's on the boiler right now..?? That #4807 is a great looking loco. I see you've also put brakes on the drivers. Where did you get them..?? I hope mine comes out half as good as that one.... Thumbsup

Lutz...Those are some great instruction sheets..!! Mine look a lot like that 1987 edition, but they've also got some sheets that look like the mid-60's... The motor you see on my loco is one of my "upgrades". The kit itself had one of those horrible open frame motors that buzz....

Keep those cards and letters comin'...Any info or hints you all can provide will be most appreciated... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread