In the South
torikoos Wrote:forgive me if I overlooked it, but how did you make/where did you get the harbour backscene/backdrop? It looks great, although I'm not 100% sure of the scale of the nearest ship, it looks a tad bit too large (out of scale), being an ex sailor myself....

Koos

The backdrop is from a German company named JoWi ( http://www.modellbahn-hintergrund.de/jowi.pdf ) I did use N130 and N131. It is actually more the harbor of Hamburg (I raised up close to the harbor and did play a lot there) than any US harbor. The bridge is well known.
I remember (living close to the black forest now without any salt water Sad ) the ships being very tall standing at the pier. The backdrop shows ships that are less than 50 yards away. The tracks are on the pier immediately in front of the water. But I may should have cut the backdrop at the button by 1' to get the ships even closer.

ps. having a closer look I agree, the green ship is to large. It a small vessel going in the north and baltic sea only. Don't know the English name in German it is called a "Kuestenmotorschiff" in short "Kümo" (? coaster ?).
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread