GEC's EOY 2010 Challenge
Craptastic

I'm starting to grow concerned with the area around the cab and the battery boxes. I can't get the cab, nose, and cast to all sit together line up and just right. It appears that the thin areas beneath the cab may be warped. i don't know if this was from the casting, or me cutting and removing bits. I'm thinking that once i glue it all together (the right way), the parts will pull back into alignment (since now they are loose, being separate to ease painting).

I've heard somewhere that holding plastic over an open flame would be enough to soften it so that i could possible bend it back. Is this a wise idea?

I have in the meantime got my new airbrush needle, a new dynamic break vent (on the roof behind the dynamic break fans on EMD units) and some of the Cannon parts i ordered, such as the new inertial air filter hatch, which is a lot better than on the casting i made (it looks like the original part used a hatch from a different model). Unfortunately, the new exhaust stack hasn't arrived yet.

Until i get that part, my model will probably be stuck in limbo, as i can't really move forward without installing that part. I *could* go ahead and paint it, but then when it comes time to remove the old part, I'll have to ruin the paint then.

its also occurred to me that i need to find a good set of handrails and stanchions that will work with the locomotive's anti-climber. an average Athearn handrail set won't fit with it. I do have a set that would work, but these belong to my Smokey Valley GP15s, and i hesitate to use them, as they are hard to come by.

Since nothing got done, just me looking at stuff, i don't have any pictures now. It is Finals week for me, and so i won't really be able to get any real work done until this friday.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread