CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Gary S Wrote:Tetters, I don't understand about the slip and the slopes and such. Could you clue me in a bit?

This is the look I am going for... minus the trucks axle deep in water. I hope that this picture explains it better then I could with words.

[Image: Barge_slip_Slocan_City.jpg]

The whole operation seems so sketch if you ask me. You can use that finely honed intuition of yours and judge for yourself Gary. 357 I mean to say that if I didn't see it done in photo's I'd have never believed that they actually moved freight along the lakes in this manner. Especially when you look at the float operations in New York Harbor. Everything there is so robust and huge, meanwhile in stark contrast to that, hidden in the mountainous backwater regions of B.C. they used 12 by lumber, what looks like some spare parts and scrap rail they had lying around and viola! Car Float Operations! I mean careful examination of the counterweights on that transfer slip and you soon figure out that they are metal wheels salvaged from trucks.

I am looking forward to going home tonight and getting the inner track connected to slip so I can test that side out. Then I'll focus on completing the decking to connect to the float and the uprights.

Messages In This Thread