In the South
Fast Car's photos of buildings places close to but not at the edge of the layout ( http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/...0002-2.jpg ) inspired me very much to give it another try.

The old left hand foreground
[Image: Img_0155.jpg?t=1293306986]

has been wiped out out today and prepared to become home of some industry building. The track became straight and shorter to give more space for the buildings. The first part will become a parking lot because the track in front of the turnout is the programming track and need free access.
[Image: Img_0477.jpg?t=1293307103]

That should have been an easy task to be completed within an hour or so.... The old ground was mainly made of sand and white glue. I did use a brand (UHU) since several years but changed the brand (Ponal Express) about one year ago when the store changed. I did never notice any difference.
I learned the difference the hard way today. The new brand is not water dissoluble! I read the bottle in detail and it says the glue can be cleaned up with water as long as it is fresh but not when it has set... I had literally to remove a layer of concrete from my layout Curse
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread