Your Layout
My first love was the Santa Fe, I think because of that beautiful warbonnet paint scheme. That was 25 or so years ago. I gradually shifted to Conrail because it was what I saw every day, all formerly PRR territory. I was eventually able to get a job on the railroad in CR territory but for the new owner, CSXT. I started as a trainman, and later an engineer, though that career would be short. I operated in urban territory from south Jersey to Richmond and Cumberland., including the North East Corridor (Amtrak) from Phily to Washington, D.C. I'm sure this is what started my infatuation with urban railroading, street running, elevated city right of ways, etc. In 2004 I left CSXT to become a firefighter in Washington, D.C. which led to me falling in love even more with the urban environment. I was able to add to my knowledge of former PRR and B&O territories that I had become familiar with by researching abandoned ROWs in Georgetown, D.C. and Rossilyn, Va.

My free-lance railroad, the Baltimore and Potomac, is an independent road that interchanges with PRR, RF&P, and B&O and takes some influence from the PRR and B&O.
-Dave

Messages In This Thread