Your Layout
Lester Perry Wrote:What brought about the time, location and names for your layout?

The main town on my layout is called Marlpost, after the name of the house owned by my grandfather and where my father grew up. Unfortunately, it is now the site of a small subdivision Sad

The industries names were/will be chosen from family history, as well as modeller friends.

The time is based on two things - 1) I wanted exclusively steam power on the layout (although this rigis view has been tempered somewhat to include first gen diesels from the 1930s and gas/oil-electrics for passenger service); and 2) Andy Sperandeo's quote that "Mine is the truest form of nostalgia, the fond memory of something never experienced". Wink Big Grin

I am too young by at least a generation to remember the 1930s, but I do like the design styles that arose (Art Deco, Craftsman and Machine Age). In fact, it is this last one that seals the deal for me. The 30s were the height (or very nearly) of true machines i.e. "all-mechanical" devices. There is something about not having a computer in every last thing that really appeals... Smile

Andrew

Messages In This Thread