Using The ShipIt! Computer Program On An ISL
tetters Wrote:I feel terrible, you guys are doing all the thinking and solving problems, meanwhile I haven't looked at the program in over a week. You do have my undivided attention though and I am learning a lot here. I may have some time this weekend to fool around with it some more and perhaps, try some of these fantastic ideas to get things rolling.
Well I'm happy that there is some interest in this thread. Maybe my experimenting will help someone else to set up and tailor ShipIt to their operations.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with ShipIt. It sure does make running an operating session simple. Just don't like the look of the generated switch lists, although it has two styles that you can use - neither of which look much like what I've used and seen on the prototype, but you can't have everything. Still it's quite workable.

Mess around with the program some and see what you can do with it. If nothing else, you might be able to use one of the pre-built operating schemes that comes with it and simple tailor that to work with your layout.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread