Using The ShipIt! Computer Program On An ISL
I printed out the manual this morning and will read over it today - that will give me more ammunition to start setting up the program for my railroad.

I may have mislead you by my use of "interchange". Basically, my interchange is just staging. I won't actually have the Class 1 roads dropping off cars there. It will just be done by hand similar to what you do for your staging. Just that my layout has staging on both ends. So as an example, a load form an industry on my layout will be taken to the interchange and left there, then after the operating session is over, I will take that car off the layout by hand and place it in storage drawers.

I've got some other scenarios to think about, will detail them later, but it basically involves my home road cars being stored at my "home road" yard and then being used for shipments, then returning to the home road yard. The home yard is in the middle of the layout between the two interchange staging yards at the ends.

Home Road Yard --------> Industry ++++++> interchange ++++++> off layout --------> interchange --------> home road yard

So the car starts off on the layout, goes to industry, goes to staging, then goes off layout, then comes back as an empty and sent to the home road yard for storage on the layout.

Messages In This Thread