Seen in Houston
Gary S Wrote:I checked out the site. They sell two of the cars as a package for $31 which is still a bit much for Accurail cars. But I guess they consider it as a custon painted car. I assume that Accurail doesn't provide their own version of the white car.

Here is a photo from the Soo Line Historical and Technical Society website:

[Image: image.php?album_id=175&image_id=3374]

Looks like some bashing of the sill at the bottom would get a decent match.

I wonder if the SOO ever had cars which match the Accurail car, because if they didn't, it surprises me that the historical society wouldn't have tried for a better match to the car shown in the original photo.

It was probably a fund raiser for the society. The cost to make an accurate car, if no one already makes it would be prohibitive. The extra price is probably because it is a limited run specially decorated model. I wonder if the undecorated version is available form, Accurail. It looks like the roof is correct from what I can see. The bottom sill is a little short with the wrong angle at the ends, but might be modified with styrene and a little filler. The side posts that are there seem to have ok placement at first glance. Adding the additional posts between the model's existing posts would seem to make a nice stand in for that car.

Messages In This Thread