Using The ShipIt! Computer Program On An ISL
Gary S Wrote:On the situation where you have loaded cars on the industry spur waiting for a day or two, and then moved to the unloading spot, couldn't you use the "do not convert" command for the cars in those spots?
Just checked and I have that "Do Not Convert" function set so I guess that makes no difference. Unless there is something that I just haven't thought of; I don't think I can get ShipIt to duplicate that type of movement - which is very commonplace at many industries. It really curled my hair when the program would place a car on hold and at the same time pull an empty that the hold car should have replaced! If I continue to try and use ShipIt, I may just have to limit that industry to a single car spot or have two car spots and just live with it. Employees at the mill will just have to increase their daily output!

Gary S Wrote:For my situation, I figure the "direction" function in shipit would be used to set up a turn. I just need to start very small, get a few industries working, then slowly add more concepts.
Seems to be the best route to take with ShipIt. Start off simple, get that working and then add a little more.

There are times, when I will just pick out one car for each industry from storage and just do the simple pull one - spot one thing. But of course it's far more realistic to pull more than you spot or spot more than you pull on some sessions. I've also determined that even if an industry has 6 car spots, it's more realistic to only have cars spotted at 2 or 3 of those spots at any one time. Of course that would depend on the industry too, but at something like a distribution warehouse you aren't likely to see cars spotted at every door, every day.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread