Rob's Layout
Just wanted to pass along an update and some pictures of the layout as of today...

I finished laying the main runs of track and have been doing some testing of the track itself... all 3 levels are running smooth at low and medium speed and I have yet to tempt fate with a high speed pass... I still want to go over the track with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything is up to snuff before going any further.

I have also run a bus wire around the underside of the layout and have begun dropping feeder wires and soldering them to the tracks at about 3 foot intervals... I am starting to get the hang of this soldering thing, although I am still waiting for the smoke alarm to go off in the train room at some point! Worst part about that is we have detectors in every room of the house (a good thing) but man is it LOUD when they go off (and talk... FIRE FIRE, GET OUT...)...

I have also laid the track for a small "yard"... I think it serves the purpose of "looking like" a yard as well as giving me some staging space.

Anyway, off on vacation next week and will get back at it when I get home... a bunch more feeder wires to solder and 2 sidings to complete...

--Rob.

Messages In This Thread