Southern Pacific Switching Layout
THIS is a link to Home Depot stores within twenty mile of Paradise, California. They may have the pink or blue insulation foam that you need.

Foam insulation is not used much down here in Florida. But I was able to find it, although not in the 2" thisckness I wanted. The H-D stores near me do not have the blue foam ... just the pink in 1/2" 4x8 sheets and the white beadboard in the 2" thickness.

There is also a Lowes in Chico ...

LOWE'S OF CHICO, CA
Store Number: 1201
2350 FOREST AVENUE
CHICO, CA 95928

Phone: (530) 895-5130
FAX: (530) 895-5144

The Lowes near me had the blue foam in 1/2" 4x8 sheets. I bought a bunch of sheets and will be stacking them on top of each other. You could do the same!

My guess is you might find the foam, either the pink or the blue, at one of these "Big Box" stores.

I have not ever seen sheets of the blue Dow “StyroFoam” or the pink Owens-Corning “Foamular” in a hardware store … you need a BUILDING Supply store to get this type of foam insulation ... it is a building supply ... it is not hardware.

EDIT: Had to do more research and actually FIND a couple of 'Big Box" stores in the area.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread