My New York & Atlantic layout
Sumpter250 Wrote:Quick to build. Simple construction. Spring-loaded detent to lock the "throw" in position. And.......recycled parts !!

Pete, I can’t remember why I did not throw the balls from the bearing away when the hub failed two or three years ago ... and I found 9 balls now, exactly the number of I needed. I knew all this cycling would pay off some day :mrgreen: .

Dave, welcome aboard Welcome .

I agree that a microswitch would be more suitable for the task and I think I will go that road if it proves necessary.

After waiting for more than a month now for my order of ties to arrive, I am sick of waiting any longer. So I got some thin square stock today and started to cut ties for my turnouts. I just finished the first two turnouts. Cutting ties and glueing them down is very tedious and doing the first two turnouts convinced me never to handlay track (apart from turnouts) ... flextrack has its merits Wink . Anyway, feels good to make some progress again. If I am lucky, I will finish laying track and wiring this weekend and get my trains running again ... wooohoo :mrgreen:

[Image: bliss7.jpg]

[Image: bliss8.jpg]
Kurt

Messages In This Thread