Gondolas of Lake Terminal RR.
After a few other modeling jobs - repairing a few models for the Christmas time for friends - my gondola project come back to focus - unlasting.

[Image: lt_gonbr_13-2.jpg]

Next steps are done; also the brake mechanics for handbrake are ready for mounting to the models. The brake elements below show that all connections to the lever are movable so that I can mount them without problems to each wished directions – and they would be movable also if the rod ends would not get a fixed position after mounting. The reason for flexibility is very simple. The clamps at end of the roads are made from short pieces of chrome-nickel tubes (medical canulas) and these are not solderable. So I must make a connection by small rivets – a very short wire only however with two small heads.

[Image: lt_gonbr_12.jpg]

What I need for fixing the short chains are a few shackles and this time they are a bit smaller yet than these which I used a few times ago. I say each time that everyone can make these items also and all my work isn't a mystery, here I used thin phosphor-bronze wire with a dia of .010” (Tichy Trains) and I used only two fine flat-pliers for bending the wire. Ok, shackles are a bit small – and so I bent altogether five or six more which I never found after they were jumped off.

[Image: lt_gonbr_14-2.jpg]

This is one of five complete brake mechanics before I mount them to the models. Last what I must do is to connect the short chain to main brake lever below in center of picture using one of shackles. Doing this I will need additionally a few hangers and brackets and I think that this will be a filigree work again. So the next pictures will need a few times.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread