Transformation: GP39-2 From Shiny Brass to Grimy Green
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

The Two-Handed Technique is nothing spectacular ... and describing what I do will probably sound simplistic ... but it is.

I get the subject set up (I use all manner of "devices" to do that - clothes pins - both "as purchased" and re-engineered / reverse assembled, paper towel tubes, toilet paper rolls, pieces of 1x2 and 1x3, re-folded disposable aluminum trays, etc.) and while applying paint with the brush in my right hand, I reach across the rear of the brush with my left hand and tweek the needle in or out as necessary. I looks awkward and I suppose it is ... I just did it out of frustration one time about twenty years ago and have been using the technique as needed ever since.

I don't even really think about it -- just now, to describe what I do was more thinking about it than I've probably done since the first time I reached across to stop down the amount of paint being applied.

:mrgreen:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread