NEW EMD GP60 DEmo's
Finally i have chosen the 2 Engines that are gonna provide my switching duties...and they are 2 Proto 2000 EMD GP60 EMD Demo units.Although in reality,CSX has already bought and re-painted these units,I Fictiously bought 2 of them from CSX and had the prime movers removed and installed with 2 Rebuilt EMD 645E turbo charged units and had them painted back into original EMD Demo colors.I love this paint scheme! Misngth

Soon they both will be equipped with Soundtraxx Tsunami AT-1000 645E sound decoders.I know that the original prime mover for these engines is the 710,but i personally prefer the sound of the 645 with turbo. Wink Besides i don't need 3,800 horsepower to switch a few pieces of rolling stock.I couldn't believe how detailed these engines are,i don't need to add any detail parts,except some Kadee couplers.

I have considered having ditch lights,since i am modelling the modern era(1990-present).I am curious though about the new QSI "Titan" sound decoder,it is supposed to be stereo sound,but i'm not to happy about having to have a programmer to download sounds into the decoder.

Any ideas as to "where" to place the ditchlights? under or on top of the anti-climber?I will be having both sound decoders installed profesionally for $150 a piece including Tsunami decoder and new LEDS.Although these engines are supposed to be DCC ready,i put them on my test track with my NEC DCC controler,and it just made a humming sound,it didn't respond to any throttle control at all.

Attached Files Image(s)

Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread