Fluesheet's Shelf Layout
Steamtrains Wrote:Very nice work..!! Thumbsup
When that rail gang gets through working on that railroad...Can I send them passage to "sunny" (we're below freezing tonight...) Brownsville..?? I could use them for a little track laying that needs to get done.... Goldth

Sorry Gus, I'm keeping the guys busy!

Management has desired that the rail and ties be painted to make them "real". This had the crew scratching their heads - Who'd ever heard of painting rail and ties? But then, who'd ever seen steel that shiny and ties made out of such weird material?

The first order of business was to clean the rails. The guys used a huge swab and a big vat of alcolhol for this task.
[Image: p729050363-4.jpg]

While the crew was busy with this job, the foreman (a gentleman named J.L. Sanders) sighted down one of the spurs and noticed a problem - continuous rail! Whoever heard of that? (as an aside, that track sure looks wobbly from this view!)
[Image: p1013093385-4.jpg]

Yep, you're right, boss. It's too late to cut the rail, how about we just notch the rail, to make it look like it's cut? We can drill the rail and add joint bars later? Foreman: Yep, do it.
[Image: p979444863-4.jpg]

Out came the huge file... Big Grin
[Image: p781375578-4.jpg]

I've got some joint bars (also from proto 87 stores) that I'll be adding to see how they look. I decided on two types: one is etched metal with four-bolt detail, the second is cast plastic with beautiful six bolt detail. More on that later; I've been swamped the past two weeks at work and haven't gotten back to the project!
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread