EFfingham RailRoad
Thanks Mark for the Birthday wishes, Im just trying to continue with the introduction.
You get to throw a Herc about the sky!!! Cooooool
Mark

Somewhere around this time I also decided to Google 'Timesaver" and see what I could find. What a find, I found articles on the history of "Timesaver" and its designer John Allen [dec.], and I also found a website dedicated to model railroad or railway switching puzzles by Alex Wyman. It was on his site that I found descriptions of prototype railroads that resembled "Timesaver". It was here that I discovered the EFfingham RailRoad, only 4 miles long and with a SW1200 for road power [good], and then Eek I saw that it had a Krispy Kreme plant.

"This is the Homer Simpson of shortlines" I yelled, "I just have to model this railroad".

I mean how many shortlines or other railroads for that matter that have [or had]their own donut factory on site as a rail served facility? None I'll bet. and so began my researching of the EFRR and its various customers including KK, while I dreampt of where I could fit this shortline as a layout.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread