EFfingham RailRoad
Mark;

Would agree with you that ILW 7570 is probably being kept in the TQW warehouse too, since it's no longer just sitting on the ILW spur in Greenville, like it did for a year or so. I photographed that unit in its original paint scheme, both at Greenville and at Effingham. At Effingham, it was usually sitting at the end of the Bunge track, along with a passenger car.

Pretty sure that EFRR 2716 is set up for remote control and ILW 7570 may be too. Remote control on an operation like the EFRR would be the way to go.

There is no "permanent" conveyor at the Mid-Illinois pit and when I was there in June, didn't seem to be much going on at the concrete plant. Some activity, but not a lot. No really large piles of rock either. I suspect that the photos you see on the EFRR web site showing the train of hoppers, was probably a once or twice event and they probably don't get much rock in by rail right now.

Hopefully, things will pick up for them once the economy turns around. It's hurting all the small railroads.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread