2-8-2 - THE BUILD
Can you point to a picture of the backup light you're looking for? Or maybe a description? I'd say check the usual sources of details like Bowser, or see if your LHS has a Precision Scale Catalog (unless you want to pay $20 for your own copy). If Precision Scale doesn't have it, then good chance nobody does, or some obscure, out of business detail parts manuf. made it at one time in which case ebay may be the best chance you have.

I can comisserate about drilling through zamac. I drilled out a hole in order to wire a headlight in my Mantua shifter using a larger bit from within the boiler drilling up toward the headlight position, and a smaller one to drill down from the headlight bracket and meet the other hole somewhere in the middle. Lo and behold, like tunneling from each side of a mountain, it worked! I know Wayne doesn't worry with working headlights, but I like 'em. Still, after all that drilling (and by hand with a pair of pin vises) and the resulting hot-spot on my palm and fingers, I'm half tempted to go that route too!

Good luck on the headlight search.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread