Adventures in Perspective
P5se Camelback Wrote:... and Pete ... you took me totally by surprise with your comment re: the "implying depth to an object" tricks of fine artists! But using them here is a concept that is right on! (Did you watch those Jon Nagy "How-To Art Shows" on "Saturday morning occupy-the-kids' TV" back in the late fifties/wearly sixties? That's the type of artists' tricks he used to show us kids how to do. I'm amazed I even remembered that just now!)

Abso....bleeping...lutely !!!!!............and I haven't heard the name Jon Nagy, in all those years since !!
I learn well, the things I hear, as opposed to things I read, or see. I wouldn't have been able to properly identify it to that source, but that is where I learned a lot of what I know now.

edit--- was that John Gnagy ??..........I seem to remember the name as "not that simple" ?
When in doubt, google it.......Mar 10, 1981 ... John Gnagy, a painter who gave drawing lessons on NBC-TV and CBS-TV from the late 1940's to the mid-1950's, died Saturday at his home in ........ that was thirty years ago !!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread