Adventures in Perspective
NGN, thanks for that study. I need that program! The painted building is a bit above the backdrop/layout junction. With the painted horizon so low, there is a limit to how much it can be raised. Here is a photo of the space between the layout and the building. The building is up about 1/4 inch. The very low horizon doesn't leave much room for the street under the building. I bascially just attempted to put a dark gray at bottom to light gray at building foundation transition.

Before I started on the building, I was looking at the street, and because the way the bayou bank is lower on the left than the right, the street would actually be below the parking lot levels. That's how it is supposed to be, we can't really see the street because the parking lots are higher. Now of course, what it is supposed to be doesn't matter if the illusion doesn't work. Here is a sideview of how I envision the terrain, street, and buildings to be. Again, this is a view as if one were standing on the bridge to the left and looking at the sides of the buildings:

Messages In This Thread