If I can't read it, I won't!
Jim From MT Wrote:I think you can place some of the blame on computerese and text messaging. There is a whole sub-culture of text message language/spelling among the "younger generation".

I try not to get sucked into that, im only 19 years old and all my friends, well most of them use short abbreviations for words, and when i read that, it makes me not want to read there message because they are just too lazy to spell out the words. The only abbreviations i really use are "lol" and "brb" and most of the time this is in chat rooms on forums.....

I myself have the Verizon Wireless Voyager, which has a touch screen and a full keyboard when you flip it open, which does make it much easier to type out a text. I can understand for those who text that dont have a full keyboard on there phone, but for those who do, including alot of my friends, it is just pathetic, you have a keyboard, USE IT Icon_lol

And for spelling, if you cannot spell and find yourself trying to spell words often and just for the life of you cant get them right or they don't quite look right, do what i did and download your self Firefox, it has a built in spell checker in the browser, and it is VERY useful
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread