Northwest 22nd St, Miami
Hi Dave

Glad to hear your continuing to make steady progress. Presently, I don't seem to be getting any where, although I'm hoping by tomorrow evening that will change but won't hold my breath.

Regarding the sergents,may I ask why you've chosen them? It's just that I've used the under track Kadee magnets with their couplings but already they're beginning to grate.
I don't know if you saw the videos I created on youtube, but one of the two on the subject of 'running round' , shows the boxcar being drawn away from the loco by the magnet as it approaches it. I know you can fit pieces of foam to drag against the axles, however, I should prefer my stock to run as freely as possible.
Having watched the video of the sergents in action, I'm satisfied that it provides the freedom to uncouple at will with more prototypical couplings to boot. However, I suppose the pay off is in the loss of automatic coupling that Kadees provide.

I'd be interested to read your take on this - but don't interrupt your valuable modelling time to answer my query just yet - I would much prefer to see your progress on the blog.

Best wishes,

Jon

Messages In This Thread