Northwest 22nd St, Miami
Anyway back to the layout,

I've started to scratchbuild the structures to go along the backscene, now my issue here is loading doors, I've not been able to get any decent images to measure I know there must be many. Are there any guidelines as to the size of loading doors that open out to freight cars. I've seen mentioned a few different sizes, but what is peoples opinions, what size would you go for an why?

The shinohara code 70 turnouts have arrived and they seem a slightly newer version to many I've seen on the web, although not DCC friendly atleast where the switch rails pivot the metal bar joining the 2 rails has been replaced with rail joiners, but the metal plate still exists at the actual switch, this will have to go and I'll need to reinforce the throw bar as the Bullfrog turnout throws seem to have a good kick to them. Apart from that and isolatinbg the frog they look the part. Jonte I'll have a trial run of stock through them later to see if there is any wheel drop. But you'll need to modify them yourself if you want to use them, 10 minutes with a soldering iron will be all it needs though and there are plenty of guides online.

Placed an order for some Boley fridge trucks from an ebay shop this week so hopefully they'll turn up in the next couple of weeks. Although I'm not looking forward to the customs bills heading my way thats the 4th order from the US and nothing has arrived yet. Can't wait for that bill to drop through the letterbox.

Rgds
Dave
My Miami NW 22nd St layout and modelling blog http://dlmr.wordpress.com/ Please come by and leave a comment.

Messages In This Thread