upload pic
yellowlynn Wrote:Thanks for clearing up that preview bit, Don. I think this idea went back to before those "other people" took over. I had problems posting and was told to definitely NOT hit preview. It worked, but in the passing years, I got the gist of one out of 37 3/4 improvements, or changes. That made it very easy for that one little item to slip by me.

Lynn
One thing that is different, and sometimes confusing between this and the "old" place is that the "submit" and "preview" buttons are reversed. Yep, over at "Z", we eventually went to vBulletin as our software and the "submit" button was to the left. Here, we are using phpBB software and the "submit" button is to the right. It took quite a while to get use to that. Icon_lol

But still, "preview" is a great feature to assure yourself that you've got your post looking like you want it before you actually post it.

One other thing you have to watch out for here is that sometimes someone will post something to the thread while you're composing your post. When you hit "submit", rather than posting it, you will see a message telling you that someone has updated the thread and it shows their post just in case you want to revise yours. You then have to hit "submit" again to get your post in the thread. Sometimes, if you don't notice this and you move on, you can lose your post. :o We've discussed this before, but it's always a good thing to remind everyone once in a while to be aware that this does happen.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread