We need a GERN thread
Mr Fixit Wrote:I'm just concerned that the ship doesnt appear to have phaser weapons in the dorsal position [topside] forward or aft, like they are in the ventral positions [underneath].
That would leave the ship open to attack from above.
Those satellite or radar dishes look like they would be the first things damaged in any gunfight with another ship or when landing in any position where you could be fired down upon.
How many crew fly this thing and where are their rest facilities, we wouldnt want them suffering from fatigue while delivering that all important load of refined and processed GERN, now would we?
Mark

-----I'm just concerned that the ship doesnt appear to have phaser weapons in the dorsal position----
a. Deflector shields
b. The vessel can roll quickly.
c. When all else fails, there's a device called the "translocator cannon"......a very small amount of mass "transported" to the center of the densest mass of an "enemy vessel" ( kind of like the reactor, two masses in the same place at the same time ?)

BOOM !!!

----Those satellite or radar dishes look like they would be the first things damaged in any gunfight with another ship or when landing in any position where you could be fired down upon.----
... see a. above.
Actually, the most dangerous part of the "flight", is the arrival at the intended destination, when the inertial compensator ( which matches the crew and structure, to the engine mass acceleration ),is shut down. The vessel's intrinsic velocity, has to be perfectly matched to the destination's, before the shutdown, or things could get very ugly.
----How many crew fly this thing and where are their rest facilities, we wouldnt want them suffering from fatigue while delivering that all important load of refined and processed GERN, now would we?----
Crew is two, to four, usually four. Rest facilities/living quarters, are located aft of the cockpit, and go to the aft end of the cabin/cargo area. The space aft of the cargo hold, is for the "entry ramp", that lowers down, and is entered from the port side.
In many ways, this ship has much in common with the Correllian Freighter, "Millennium Falcon".........with a few radical improvements.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread