A House for San Berdoo ... but first, The Garage
Well, after all that work (including now-obviously forgotten geometry and algebra,) I have discovered that the roof that I built for this garage has way too much overhang at the eaves! If it were only a couple of scale inches on each side I wouldn't worry about it, but the overhang measures in FEET!

This house and garage will be about 2 1/2 feet back from the aisle, near the backdrop. It will be one of a dozen or so houses representing a neighborhood next to the Santa Fe's San Bernadino Depot. These new houses (and their garages) will replace a group of "stand-in" structures currently occupying the neighborhood. (Look to the left of the Depot ... you can just see the edge of the neighborhood with a couple of the "stand-ins.")

[Image: SanBernardinosSantaFeDepot.jpg]

So, I guess I have a nice hip roof for a slightly larger garage for some other house down the street! In the meantime, after I finish the house that I am building on a "sister thread," I will have to build another roof for this garage ... but this next time I'll have my math wiz daughter figure out the dimensions for me!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread