April Loco builds party
Inspired by the April Layout party thread elsewhere on Big Blue, I thought it would be fun to do the same for those of us that may have a locomotive project on the go, be it scratch build, a kit bash, adding of details, or a bit of weathering.
Here's what I've been up to, I'll have to owe you the pictures for now, they'll be posted in a few days, just in time for May :-) Icon_lol

Yesterday I had time to move two of my current loco projects a step further towards completion.
My CF7 finally received a new coat of paint, after the first two didn't work out well , and it's taken me some time to gather enough courage to try again. :-)
I've now used a different brand of paint (Testors' Polly Scale ) , and have 'shot' the base coat of what is close to CSX blue. This seems to have covered much, much better than the previously used Tamiya paints, and today I'll be able to see if it has set as well as I hope it has, so I can put a second coat on for a smooth coverage.
I've resisted the urge to put too much paint on at once, which at one previous attempt I had done...(trying to mask a 'splat' of paint that the airbrush had created, you live and learn :-) )

The other project is the CFNR SD9E, this one had sun shades installed, and has received a primer coat of light grey paint all over. Once this is dry, I will attempt a coat of 'cream white' for the background area on which the 'California Northern' lettering and logos are placed. They will then be masked off, and then the (reading) green will be added.
I will try to post pictures of both locos in the next few days, once the second coat of paint has been added.

I've also opened up my C44-9W, and replaced it's lights with an LED. I now need to have a look on how I'm going to do it's ditch lights, I've got SMT LED's on leads for it, but I'm still looking into how to mount them in the actual ditch light castings...

So, what is everyone else up to? :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread