The House for San Bernardino
SP1 Wrote:... Take your time! If you rush you wont be satisfied with the result of your work in the end. Or you end up doing it twice. Guess, why I know this.

Exactly!

Besides, if when it's completed I take it to an upcoming NMRA event to be judged, If I expect it to win a Merit Award (my current goal) it will have to be "right."

No ... I'm taking my time, but I'm not being lazy ... I have yet to unveil one of the details (that I spent a week and a half investigating materials and developing application methods) that I think will win points with the Judges! And today was spent working in the bathroom and the kitchen ... Big Grin ... things are coming right along ... slowly, but progressing!

I did manage to chuck a couple of straight pins in my variable-speed 1/4" hand drill and using a file, turn down the pinheads to be scale doorknobs! And the whole time, I kept saying to myself, "You are one sick man, William ... one really sick man!)

Thanks for the encouraging words, Jens! My work does not measure up to yours ... that "Container Grabber" is some beautiful modelwork!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread