CPR Engine House
RE: Lights. Thank you very much for the input on the lighting. I found some 12V GoW bulbs at my LHS on Sat. I wired up some to a 9V PS and I am happy with what I have seen so far. I think they will work out quite nicely. I have some brass lamp shades that I can throw over top of them which should work out very well.

Slow and steady wins the race. I finished the lumber details for the Engine House this weekend. Installed all the 2x6 blocking on the walls. Re-built the doors for the loco bays which took a considerable amount of time, cutting and gluing the individual planks. I picked up some Birch crafting plywood at Micheal's on Saturday and used it for the door panels. I'll also cut out the two roof sections using the same material. It's light, strong, and because its not too thick measures 4-5 scale inches (about 1.5 mm) surprisingly easy to cut with a carpenter's knife. I look at the number of parts involved just to build the basic structure and I can't believe I've been able to stick with it this far. I finally feel like I'm just about done.

Next step is painting and assembly of the walls, windows, doors and roof supports. First I'll apply a light coat of grey primer to the walls and then mask off certain areas before I begin applying the actual colours to the exterior and then interior walls. Wish me luck.

[Image: IMG00154-20110508-2104.jpg]

** I added the blocking to the back wall sections after I snapped this picture. Wink

Messages In This Thread