Northwest 22nd St, Miami
Just thought I'd add a quick update, work is progressing well, good job really as were down to about 3 weeks to the show. Just finishing a couple of the buildings and adding the final details. I must say a big thanks to Kurt cnw1961 for highlighting a few very good techniques. I've spent a few hours this week soldering brass rod together to produce some chain link fencing, hopefully tomorrow I can get in the garage and get some current photos. I've also been able to build a good few telephone/utility poles from Kurts excellent little tutorial too, although I'm struggling to get the correct india ink/alcahol mix to get the right look its either too washed out or too black, still working on the ratio ( bamboo skewers ). This changing weather were getting isn't helping me with airbrushing the buildings. The roads are down as are the sidewalks and road markings. I've run out of my large sheets of styrene card and I've emptied my LHS's supply of small sheets but still need more Confusedhock:

US vehicles seem to be quite hard to find in the UK, I've pretty much run out of time for getting items shipped from the US show trying to find stuff in the UK is quite hard.

Anyway after seeing some alcanman's photos on here and on rmweb (UK forum) I decided to get stuck into GIMP ( thats the photo manipulation program before anyone asks! ) I've managed to add a sky background to a couple of photos and here they are hope you like. I should be able to get something a bit more current tomorrow.

regards
Dave
My Miami NW 22nd St layout and modelling blog http://dlmr.wordpress.com/ Please come by and leave a comment.

Messages In This Thread