Streets how do you make em?
A new file works well for cleaning up the edge of styrene.

The reason I say new is because you dont want the file to contain metal or aluminium shavings, so mark the file[s] as being only for plastics. The file I use at work for cutting back iron on melamine edge tape has the tang end flattened out into the shape of a handle which makes it easy and comfortable to use and means you can run the entire file flat along the material.
It also has double cut on one side and single cut on the other, with one edge having cutting teeth and one edge plain, so plenty of flexibility. The brand I use is Nicholson, but any quality brand will do. The flattened tang files are not that common so check out good hardware or tool shops. It will probably cost about the same as a good railcar, but as with everything you get what you pay for.

A flie card which is like a small metal brush is very useful for cleaning out the file teeth without having to use any solvents.

I was also looking at a pizza cutter at the shops the other day and wondering how it would go on styrene.

Another tool to possibly consider would be a paper cutter or guillotene which could make measuring and marking easier.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread