Fluorescent Lamp Color Tests
Fascinating. I think I like #6 and #8 in your photos best. It's totally a goldilocks decision - too blue, too yellow, ah, just right!! Big Grin By that I mean it's a pretty subjective choice based on your lived experience in the setting.

I brought home 6500K cfl bulbs for my newly installed track lighting and man is that a 'white' light! The difference between the new layout lighting and the standard 'warm' lighting in our hallway is huge both in intensity and color.

Personally I prefer a bright, white light even though that brings out blues and greens, just because the more light you can put on a scene the better for photography. Easier to dial it down than trying to compensate for too little light. Lighting my photos was by far the greatest challenge in the most recent articles I had published. Now that I've installed the new lighting AND rec'd a new-to-me camera (thanks Dad!) I will have to go through an experimentation period to determine what settings will look best. Having an evenly bright layout is wonderful. You can always get a couple clamp-on spots to vary the color and bump up the intensity for special effects.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread