My N-scale still-to-be-named layout
Sorry forgot to mention a few things as I was rushing to post the previous post during my lunch hour yesterday:

- the gray walls on the back end and left side are the knee walls of the basement - Height is 36.5 inches, hence 38 inches minimum for the lower level. I'm now thinking that perhaps the lower level could be higher and still allow room for medium height scenery and buildings between the shelves. This would reduce the grade needed to get to the top level (hopefully to 2 percent). And give me more space on the workbench/bar counter underneath the lower level (maybe only 3-4 inches though). I'll try that out in Sketchup to see if that might work.

- general trackplan would be to have a single-ended staging yard on the lower level above the counter with a single line going to the upper level possibly with a few sidings to industries (some modelled as flats on the backdrop). On the upper level there would be a double track mainline with some crossovers for trains to pass each other. The section above the counter would be a city scene with possible separate trolley or interurban line in the city branching onto the upper level shelves for a ways. I'm thinking of having a wye on the 4'x4' section to tie together the 5x2.5 layout, the bridge and the upper layout shelves. I'll sketch up something quickly and perhaps post it later today as this might help to explain my vision.

Again any thoughts on the general benchwork are greatly appreciated! Smile
Marc

Bar Extension - 5' x 2.5' N-scale layout plus two decks of shelf layout

Messages In This Thread