Alternative to the NMRA Master Model Railroader?
Having looked over the thread and my post now in the morning (instead of typing it up at midnight last night), I can see that i missed the point (and now my train is promptly derailed).

This is a short list of criteria. If you guys have anything you would add to it, that would be awesome, I know I'm not covering all the bases.

1.) Layout should be tied together overall, and follow a general plan, and flow logically, as well as being aesthetically pleasing and practical operationally.

2.) Demonstrate competency in:

a.) Scenery- Create a complete and seamless environment for your trains that is logically tied together
b.)Operations- Must simulate, in miniature, some form of railroad operations, and the layout must operate reliably where applicable
c.)Scratch Building/Kit-bashing- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize realistic structures and rolling stock from available parts
d.) Engineering- Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to do of bench work construction and electrical work (including DCC as well as layout wiring)
e.)Rolling Stock- Cars and locomotives should be competently built and appear "realistic". They should all perform reliably where applicable.

3.) Specialize in at least 3 of the above categories, going above average in quality, detail and design. must demonstrate deep knowledge of these categories, and be able create innovative solutions.

4.) Must show "veteran modeler" status, working in the hobby for at least ten years.

*************************************************************************************

That's the way i figure it, though personally i don't like "time limits". I'm thinking if someone is REALLY good (or more likely has to much time on their hands Icon_lol) they could accomplish master modeller earlier than that.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread