The Hjemstad Line
OK, so here's a draft for a possible track plan configuration I'd like to discuss with you guys. I've tried several double deck designs, but wasn't really satisfied with any of them, so I'm back to a single deck design.

This layout is to be situated quite high, about 140-150cm (55"-59") above the floor, and the shelves are only about 36-40cm (14"-16") wide in general. The duckunder could also be built as a fold down section, but the idea of interrupting the traffic like that isn't very appealing to me.

Minimum radius is about 60cm (24"), and operator isles are 70cm (27 1/2"). Enough for a solo operator, but maybe a little cramped if two operators need to pass each other. A possible workaround is to have each operator in his/her own "compartment" during a session, and simply put them in charge of "their" half of the layout (with possibly a third operator located in Storage 2, if I decide to extend the layout into that room to reuse my existing sections. Otherwise, the track leaving Storage 1 in the lower right corner can lead to a second staging yard).

The towns and stations are subject to changes if necceccary, the plan as shown is only an idea to see what will fit.

[Image: Hjemstadbanen_Nordvoll_07_w1200.jpg]

So what do you think? Any constructive critisism is welcome, as well as pointing out any pitfalls or design errors I may have overlooked.

Svein

Messages In This Thread