Ideas for a future college layout
Personally, i also agree with tom. Build up your collection. While i suppose its not impractical to build a short under-bed layout, ask yourself-

Do you know the exact size of your dorm, and who else will be in there with you? how much space you really have under the bed?

If it were me personally, I would just lay down a stick of track with a stub siding or two, with an interesting industry, and a "main line", so that what ever trains you have, they look at home either switching or passing by in photos. You don't even need it to really be operating (although powering for tests is a good idea).

I would make a collapsible back drop out of cardboard or something, so that your trains have a background as well, making it look like a small diorama box.

that's just me though.

****Editted to go with Ralph's Comment below*****

If you DO have another person in there with you, they may very well NEED all the spare space just to store their own belongings. While it may be possible to place a layout in there, You have to be mindful of other people's needs if you share a dorm, and a small layout is not necessary.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread