The Los Angeles Terminal Railroad
cnw1961 Wrote:Greg, it is a shame Misngth ,but the turnout will be completely buried in plaster. :o

[Image: la26.jpg]

Steve, Ed, I agree the revised plan looks better. Don’t know why I did not do it this way right away.

SSWUP, the brand of plaster I am using is Moltofill. I like using it, because it takes an hour before it starts setting, so you are in no hurry when you are working with it.

[Image: la27.jpg]

In dire need of some inspiration, thought I'd drop by and see how my ol' friend Kurt was getting along.

And boy, was it worth it!! Suddenly and miraculously I'm reinspired. The switch is really top drawer stuff and love the amendment to the plan!!

Currently building a 4mm scale point manufactured by a UK company called C&L finescale. Just a case of glueing rail chairs to ties while keeping everything in gauge with a pair of roller gauges. The crossings and switches come preformed which reduces the possibility of error, but also takes the fun out of things; seeing this just makes me want to get down and dirty again with file and solder!!!! Don't think I could attempt something as demanding as this though.

Anyway, glad to see you're still enjoying your modelling; please keep spoiling us Big Grin

Best wishes,

Jonte

Messages In This Thread