Walther's New Steel Industry ~~ **Future Plans**
I started to re-work the top level trying to add in some of the buildings that would be found near and around the Blast Furnace's

Here is what i came up with so far

[Image: df577beb.jpg]

Ill give this a color code for the buildings that i could not fit text in

Red are Pump House's
Dark Blue Is a Gas Storage Tank and serves as a view block for the track that comes off the Highline Raw Materials Bridge
Light Blue are Machine Shops
Brown is the Quencher Car to Coke Hopper Transfer Building
Purple is the Highline Raw Materials Bridge
Pink is the Furnace Stoves and Piping
Yellow Track is a track that remains at Higfhline Raw Materials level and travels to the Quencher Car to Coke Hopper Transfer Building. Quencher cars would come in on ground level, dumping there loads into conveyor pits where they would be pushed up to the top of the building and into the Coke Hoppers
White tracks are the tracks that are the incline going up to the Highline Raw Materials Bridge

I was not able to fit the BOF or the Rolling Mills in on this level Nope nor the Bridge Cranes Nope so i think that the Bridge Cranes might be out and ill just stick to the one harbor scene on the bottom level.

As for the BOF and Rolling Mill, I was thinking this. And okay i admit, i am calling myself crazy for even saying this. But i was thinking a third smaller level for the BOF and Rolling Mills. This level would be come the bottom or middle level. If i could figure out the details on the of all 3 levels, it might just work out and be possible, although the top level would be very high and the bottom level very low.

Im thinking like this, the Top level has benchwork that is 42" wide on the top wall, 30" wide on the right wall, 24" wide on the left wall, and 30" wide on the bottom wall. If i could do a second level of 36" wide on the top wall, leave the left wall blank so there is no second level on it, the right wall with 26" wide, and the bottom wall with 26" wide, this would leave the bottom level with 24" all around which it already is. I was thinking of running vertical supports from each levels benchwork down to the floor on all 4 walls, with the benchwork attached to the walls in the backs of each level.

This way the Top level could have its on vertical supports on the top, right, and bottom walls running all the way down to the floor. The second level could have its own vertical supports running down to the floor on the top, right and bottom walls without interfering with the top level. And the bottom level's supports could be run down to the floor on all 4 walls. On the left wall, the supports would come down off the front of the benchwork and go onto the bottom levels base and be supported that way instead of going all the way to the floor.

Does this make sense? Ill have to draw an overhead of my thinking to better explain this lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread