EFfingham RailRoad
Mark;

Although it's not set in stone (concrete?) at the moment, I may be going out through Effingham next weekend on a rail fanning expedition (gas prices are the main deciding factor at this point). So if I do, I'll try and get you a bunch of photos of the area on the EFRR. I'm hoping to catch them in action if I go, so will contact them and see what days/times they may be operating. Past couple of times I've stopped by there, it was in the afternoon and everything was locked up in the TQW warehouse, but it's an interesting area just to look around, so I didn't consider it a total washout. Lot's of CN/IC and CSX action in Effingham too!

Been down that renting route myself many years ago, so understand about the necessity to try and make a layout portable or at least not have to tear completely down if you have to move. Wife and I had rented a very nice little house and I was well on the way building a layout in the basement, when out of the clear blue, the owner gave us 30 days to vacate the premises so she could move in to the house. Whole layout ended up being scrapped!

Couple of times over the past year, I've tried to come up with a reasonable representation of the EFRR to fit my bench work footprint, but since I'd have to straighten out everything (the Krispy Kreme lead and Pike St storage tracks specifically), it just never felt right to me. Even purchased a locomotive in the CGW paint scheme that EFRR uses as potential motive power, but it will end up being repainted L&N very soon.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread