Possible Scale Switch
RobertInOntario Wrote:Yikes, I have to really "compress" my passenger trains on my small British 00 layout to 3 or 4 (at the most) cars -- otherwise, the train "overwhelms" the layout. I should probably focus more on early-20th century passenger trains where the passenger cars only had 4 or 6 wheels, etc. These 3-4 passenger car trains are scaled-down versions -- the real-life/protypical ones would have had 8-10 coaches.

I know the feeling. In one of my videos i posted here, i have a few clips of my E60CH pulling 8 coaches. It looked fine going through the scene, but the train itself took up a little less than half of the mainline run on the outer oval of my 4x8!

This is why now if i run passengers, its usually in the form of an Electric Multiple Unit, since a 2 to four car train wouldn't be unusual. three car push pulls are also common on some parts of the eastern lines i model during off peak hours.

Are there any british equivalents of RDCs or doodle bugs? I figure they have MUs, but i'm not sure you're looking to electrify Icon_lol
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread