EFfingham RailRoad
Continuing with the so-so photographs. Here's a shot of the southwest corner of the TQW warehouse:     Sherwin-Williams has a large distribution facility located in the triangle between the CSX/CN interchange track and the CN main line that is not rail served, so I'm guessing that they may be receiving product via the TQW warehouse.
Here are a couple of shots of the railroad business end of the Harlan Bakeries (former Krispy Kreme facility             No sign of rail activity at this industry and judging from the number of vehicles in the employee parking lot, there aren't more than 20 or so employees currently working there.

It was at this point when I started encountering people politely asking me to leave the area. I was going to get shots of the north side of the TQW warehouse and the track side of Hodgson Mill (former Bunge facility), but as soon as I pulled down next to the Hodgson Mill track, some gentleman approached me as asked what I was doing and after telling him that I was taking photos of the rail facilities - he gave me one of those "what kind of nut are you?" looks and told me that I was trespassing and needed to leave the area. This was to be the first of two such encounters.

I can tell you this much about the Hodgson Mill facility. On the track side, there is a small truck unloading shed between the building and the siding, but no evidence of provisions for unloading flour or grain from rail cars that I could see. As I recall, Bunge just unloaded tank cars when they occupied that location, so perhaps something will come later. There were about 6 empty LP Gas tank cars sitting on the spur (more storage cars); a passenger car at the south end of the spur and; the Illinois Western geep at the north end, but no way to get photos of it. There was also a 50 foot box car with MR reporting marks sitting outside the north door of the TQW warehouse which I guessed was going to be unloaded sometime later. This is the only shot I was able to take of Hodgson before I was asked to leave    
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread