Freelance 2011
faraway Wrote:Russ, Ed, if you google for "General Mills" "pictures" you get several of their "G". I downloaded the largest and printed it on plain white paper, cut the outer outline and glued it to the silo. ...
I figured that you'd found the "G" on the General Mills web site, but actually thought you'd probably printed out the image on decal paper and applied that to the silo. I never noticed even the slightest hint of a paper edge.

I've been doing something similar to what you have done. In my quest to find suitable names for the industries on my freelance L&N industrial spur, I look for company names that won't necessarily locate a specific type of facility to a specific location and that have interesting looking logo's that I can either print out on paper or perhaps on clear decal stock for future use on structures. I've acquired quite a collection of nice or unique looking logos in the process.

In some cases, there are existing facility names that work just fine on my layout and are found in my area, such as Lowe's Lumber and Clark Distributing. In other cases, when I find a "generic" name for a specific type industry that could be in my area and with a nice looking logo, then I'll use that. Otherwise, I'm just making up my own names and creating my own logos or signs to use.

Ah, I do like freelancing!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread