Southern Pacific Switching Layout
Justinmiller171 Wrote:Thanks Ed, Caboose hobbies has Peco code 100 insulfrog large radius turnouts for 21.05. I am pretty sure this is where I will order them from, I have heard good things around them and they have been in business for awhile now.

I really want insulfrog for the reason that Ed mentioned, I want as little wiring as possible.
I forgot about Caboose Hobbies Justin. I've ordered from them many times too. Seems like it takes a long time to get the orders though; over a week with CH, compared to a couple of days with M. B. Klein or First Hobby, but that's a darn good price on the turnouts.

I've found the large radius insul-frogs to be very reliable and saw no need to use the electro-frog as I don't have any short wheel base locomotives that might stall in them. As you know, I've been operating my layout on a temporary basis for some time now and never have a loco stall in the turnouts.

Track has remained surprising clean in spite of being down here in the basement (tends to be very dusty because of the gas heat). I clean the track one time after making any changes by simply wiping the rail with a soft cloth dampened with either 70% or 91% alcohol and it stays clean. I never use any sort of abrasive, such as a Bright Boy or fine sand paper to clean my track, since you're pitting and scoring the rail when you do that. Hum? Not sure how I got off on that tangent....
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread