Two loading projects
E-paw,
thank you very much for your answer.

I know all the things and I know about my false timed EL gondola. As I wrote already I did not get other, correct timed decal sets for this gondola and so I did this. I did not have enough enjoy to draw own decals for each model that I will get in my hands. I will do this for my scratchbuild models however not for all industrial and handmade models. This one car does not have the value to me for such a time consuming work.
I see this also from an other side yet. I do not own a layout with a very specific scenery or time period. However I will be free to model what I would like to do. My models run one time per year on a modular layout where also are very different times are modelled. I would like to say there are a few modules wich could present the late forties, others are built in the seventies and the members let run their trains from the steam-diesel transition era until to late seventies. And then I let run my 1900 (!) and 1930 train as guest on a 1970 era layout? Nobody did see a problem with this however I can of course not integrate my models to the clubs train scedule and car system. And if you remember to my two videos of last meeting - in one case my 1900 train did run behind a 1920 engine and the 1930 train was pulled by a GN L-1, an engine that was rebuild to a Mikado around 1925 already.

However thanks again and you are right to write this. If I should get an older decal set for this mill gondola than I will try to get a more gondola again and then I will build a correct timed model. And than I will sell the EL gondola - or not?
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread