L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Brakie Wrote:Ed,I eliminated my distribution track but,decided to add this track after all since I have coil cars and no industry covering these cars...

My thoughts is a off line customer would recive 2-3 coil loads a week-they use a heavy duty forklift to unload the coils and a flat bed trailer furnish by the local trailer spotting company..
That sounds quite workable Larry. A heavy duty fork lift or small mobile crane should be able to handle the coils and the covers on the cars. Would make for an interesting scene. Seems to me that I've seen photos of an operation like that or perhaps aerial views, but couldn't tell you where right now. Will have to check a few locations that I have bookmarked and see if perhaps it was at one of those locations.

In some ways, it's been a real challenge to find appropriate destinations for all my cars and I'd really hate to end up not using a lot of them. Have purchased a lot of cars over the past few years that would have been needed for certain railroads/industries that at the time I was considering modeling, but having changed my layout theme to strictly an industrial spur, it can be difficult to always find the proper industry for some of them.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread