NW 58th St., Miami
Puddlejumper Wrote:
cnw1961 Wrote:I am glad you liked my little step by step even though the building itself is rather ugly and nothing special.

On the contrary, it's beautiful!

Dave

Dave, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder Goldth Goldth. I love this "ugly duckling",too, but I guess you got to have the twisted mind of a model railroader to call such a structure "beautiful". Icon_lol

Josh, thank you for your encouraging words.

Russ, Tyson, thank you, I really appreciate your help. Wandering with Google’s street view through the streets of the East Rail district, I found all sorts of palm trees (mexican palms, coconut palm, palmettos), but you convinced me to use only palms that are genuine to Florida. I will get in touch with Heart of the South to order two or three big palmettos (the same you find on Lance’s layout) and a lot of palmetto fronds to make my own dwarf palmettos. As far as I know, Heart of the South ships to Germany, so it should be no problem to get the palms, though it might take some time.

Jack, thank you for the links. If I can’t get palms trees from Heart of the South, I will have a close look at the Model Tree Shop again.
Kurt

Messages In This Thread