L&N Industrial Rail Spur
BOK Wrote:Hi Ed:

I have a suggestion for your beer distributor building. Take a look at the Pikestuff, #5410010, Distribution building.
While it is designed to hold a 40' car, with the doors on each side of the structure it would be easy to spot a
50 or 60' box/reefer with the door centered in the building and leave each end hang out. This would be helpful
if the car is a mechanical reefer with the motor running.

Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work.

Barry
Funny you should mention the Pikestuff kit Barry. I have one of those in my collection of unused structures and it would be a good fit for that spot. I also have a add on office section that could be placed on one end of it if desired. The prototype structure that I found for this industry is simply a very plain looking warehouse roughly 196 ft in length (based on the Google distance measuring tool) and it has only one door centered on the track side. As luck would have it, when I assembled the Pikestuff kit, I put one centered door on the track side and 3 doors on what would be the street side. Pretty easy to get a car spotted behind it and wouldn't hide the car as much as a model of the actual structure.

Thanks for reminding me about the structure.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread